It seems that everyone loves potatoes............ good potatoes, whether they're mashed, baked, fried, in salads, even as a whole meal - mounded high with spicy chili, cheese and sour cream. But do you ever find yourself in a potato-rut, making the same old.......... same old ........... over and over? Does anyone get excited about your potatoes? .............
These Super Crisp Oven Roasted Potatoes w/ Fresh Rosemary were created to give your potato repertoire a little zip - amazing crisp outer layers, velvety smooth insides, aromatic spices, extra virgin olive oil and a finishing touch of delicious fresh rosemary. An unusual step, a thirty minute ice water bath before baking - the secret to the super crispiness. No peeling involved, easy as pie, make them tonight for rave reviews!
Super Crisp Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes w/ Fresh Rosemary
2 lbs. small yellow potatoes or fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon crushed coriander
½ teaspoon celery seed
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon for greasing the pan
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
1. Prepare a medium size bowl with water and ice cubes.
2. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then into thirds. If using fingerling potatoes, just cut them in half. Place them in the ice-water bath and set aside for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 475˚F with one rack in the lowest position.
4. Combine the spices in a medium size bowl. Add olive oil and stir to combine. Remove potatoes from ice bath and pat dry with paper towels (this step is important to ensure crispness). Add potatoes to bowl and gently toss to coat all over with spice/oil mixture.
5. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil onto a rimmed baking sheet and rub to evenly coat the pan. Spread the potatoes in a single layer onto the baking sheet.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes, turning the fries occasionally until golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh rosemary. Serve hot.