I promised a splurge this week and this is a yummy one, bursting with juicy sweet blueberries and studded with white chocolate chips - inside and out!
I think this delicious Blueberry and White Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake should probably be labeled as a dessert but then ........... it would't qualify for breakfast, would it? Actually, this Blueberry and White Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake is perfect for a lazy weekend breakfast or a brunch with friends. If there's any leftover, you'll definitely have requests for seconds - all through the day! And guess what? After twelve noon it's legal to call it dessert, so you've got that covered too!
White Chocolate & Blueberry Coffee Cake
Ingredients for cake:
½ cup butter, softened
¼ cup shortening, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
¾ cup white chocolate chips, divided
Ingredients for topping:
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup oatmeal
¼ cup all purpose flour
½ cup chopped, toasted pecans
¼ cup butter, softened
1. Spray a springform pan with baking spray.
2. Make the topping by combining brown sugar, oats, flour and pecans. Mix in butter with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
3. Beat the butter and shortening until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time beating until blended after each addition.
4. Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in the vanilla, blueberries and 1/2 cup white chocolate chips. Pour batter into greased springform pan and sprinkle with topping.
5. Bake at 350˚F for 50-60 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup white chocolate chips. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife between cake and pan to release cake; remove sides of pan and cool on a wire rack.